Attorney at Law
382 Granite Creek Road
Santa Cruz, CA 95065
Solo Practitioner (2006-2009, 2017-)
- Structured and negotiated complex commercial transactions focusing on licensing, open source counseling, outsourcing, Internet, wireless devices, digital reproduction, artificial intelligence (machine reading), and storage and distribution of copyright protected content.
- Advised a Department of Defense contractor with establishing an open source software program, Including audits of current liability and compliance and remediation procedures.
- Drafted and negotiated inbound development and supply agreements for a Fortune 500 company’s wireless “electronic book” device.
- Drafted and negotiated customer service agreements for a network security analysis company.
- Negotiated several VAR deals with Chinese manufacturers on behalf of Amazon.
Symphony Talent, LLC (formerly Findly Talent, LLC) (2014-2016)
- Head of Legal Department, drafting and negotiating various types of agreements, including creating library of standard formats, for company providing employee recruiting software, website design and related services. Supervised other staff and contract attorneys, paralegals, and outside litigation and patent counsel. Copyright and Trademark registrations.
Findly Talent, LLC (2014)
- Drafted and negotiated customer facing Software as a Service agreements.
- Recruited and supervised outside counsel in negotiating IT outsourcing agreement.
- Drafted and negotiated customer facing SaaS agreements for Big Data Analytics.
Accenture (2010 – 2013)
- Drafted and negotiated a variety of commercial agreements in support of BPO Services division and the Resources Group, including client-facing IT outsourcing agreements for Accenture’s wholly owned subsidiary, Concadia.
- Counseled business clients on structuring and implementing university-related research and development alliances; drafted agreements and negotiating guidelines for joint research addressing issues relating to the Bayh-Dole Act and Stanford v. Roche
- Negotiated and drafted key technology agreements and related documents.
- Reviewed and negotiated a variety of software licenses.
Sun Microsystems - Senior Counsel (2005-2006)
- Negotiated and drafted complex inbound and outbound development, manufacturing, licensing, MSA, OEM, and master outsourcing agreements.
- Negotiated numerous VAR deals.
Gray Cary Ware & Freidenrich – Associate (1997-2004)
- Negotiated and drafted agreements for both software and hardware including licensing, strategic alliances, joint development, OEM, supply, and asset management.
- Negotiated and drafted agreements for print and digital publishing, film and television production, electronic games, merchandising, product placement, educational applications, and promotional campaigns and contests.
- Negotiated numerous VAR deals, including for Palm and Sandisk.
- Counseled clients in structuring and negotiating transactions, including content licensing, ancillary exploitation and regulatory compliance.
Network Television Executive (1974-1992)
- Negotiated contracts for writers, producers, directors, performers, composers, and production and engineering departments.
- Produced a number of comedy series, pilots, and specials for ABC, CBS and NBC.